backgroundscript

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Some Days

One highlight of our trip was getting to go see the second Planes movie in the theater. J also got some of the characters from the movie-which he loves!

One thing that was memorable-but not so much a highlight was worrying about Mr. J. He was in Israel very near the border where the fighting broke out. They've had some bombing in years past but if you are up on your current events then you know this was different. So all the adults in the house were pretty worried about it but not talking about it because we didn't want the kids to worry.  This little one does though. She definitely got the worry gene from one side of the family (won't say which side-you know who you are :). We assured her that he would make it home safely! But we were also praying fervently for his protection.  And it worked out because he was worn out and ready to come home anyway, and so when he was able to come home early due to the war we were thankful to see him! Also while we are on the topic-I just want to say how sorry I am for the people there. The life they have to live with bombs exploding over head and sirens and having 20 seconds to get to your bomb shelter really makes me appreciate the peace and security I feel here in the US. My heart goes out to those who don't have that. And I support Israel!

I went into the room where the kids play with their toys and saw M's barbie car filled with four different batmen taking a joy ride! I love to see what J comes up with! I'm so glad my kids have good imaginations.

One day M gave Grandmomma and I a makeover:


Then I gave her one too!
 We went on lots of walks and bike rides while we were there. M thought this new bike was cool because it's kind of like her Grandma and Grandpa's recumbent bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment