backgroundscript

Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Buttery Day

Today was cold and rainy. We couldn't think of anything inexpensive,inside, and spontaneous (since we had not planned ahead) to go and do so we stayed inside most of the day. To help ease the boredom we decided to make butter.

It takes a little while, so during the waiting and watching process we worked on spelling and writing:
(This was all M's idea. She loves writing these days.)
"We are making butter by M"
And the finished product:

One proud girl with a bowl of butter! "Where is J?" you might ask. Not participating!I thought he would be excited to make butter since that is a major food group for him, but he just didn't have the patience to sit around and watch it. For some reason watching cream churn just wasn't fun enough for him....

On another note: others have already aptly expressed how I feel concerning the horrific incident in CT. But, I would like to also express my condolences to the families of this tragedy.What happened is really beyond belief. I'm sure the families that lost a dear one are still trying to grasp (or avoid) the reality of it. That there could be someone so evil out there is terrifying. We have not told M because we just don't want her to know that such awful exists in the world. The fact that some young, innocent, precious babies had to live through it absolutely breaks my heart. I have cried several times for those sweet children and for the families that have had to experience this. I hope and pray that they will somehow find peace. I don't know anything I can do except pray for them. I think one of the hardest parts about a catastrophe like this is that once it is gone from the media, those not affected forget about it and move on, while the families who are grieving will never forget and will have to wake up to it every. single. day. For the rest of their lives. My heart goes out to them.

This is just happening way too much in our country recently. You think in your head, this would never happen where I live. But, it is obviously a possibility. At the risk of sounding crazy, I am going to talk to the principal at M's school this week. They have drills for this kind of thing, but I don't think it's enough. They either need a metal detector at the front entrance, or have the teachers keep the classroom doors locked or something. I need to know my daughter is safe. We can't live in fear, but there must be someway to protect our children. God bless those families and those little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment