backgroundscript

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Snow Day

Well, we got about two inches+ last night. It was a very magical and exciting morning here at the Wilson's. While we had snow in UT it was somehow just different having it here where we live. Folks have been promising us snow- and finally delivered. So, we had to get out early enough this morning to play in it! We threw a few snowballs and made a few snow angels (while still trying to stay dry). I didn't get too many shots because I was trying not to freeze my patootie off. We walked M to school. Then, on the way home J did not want to ride in the stroller. He was not having it: he ran most of the way! The first little bit he was giggling, then he went into a "yahoo" stage, (never heard him say that before) then he started singing this little song he made up: "snow is so fun" repeated several times. He had to step on every frozen puddle, and walk through every single yard. (Is there etiquette on not messing up the snow in someone else's yard?) It was so fun! We stayed out in it for another 11/2 hours at which time both parties were painfully cold and so we came in. I was all confident in myself thinking, "yes, I can handle living in a cold place. And, I might even enjoy it." That is, until this avo when I had to get back out in it to run a few errands and play with the kids some more. One half hour into playing I had lost all patience with having cold digits. Poor M, she was having fun with friends and J and I,but I told her I couldn't take it anymore and that we had to go in. Maybe I can build up a tolerance? Anywho, we have to look on the bright side, right? Snow sure is beautiful!
Here are my beautiful snow angels:


(Notice J's smile in this last one. They were both so delighted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment