backgroundscript

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Flour Power

A friend of mine has a cute and informative blog that I follow called http://weplay2learn.blogspot.com/. If I knew how to make that a link I really would. Anyway, she has great ideas for activities for toddlers. So when I am stumped as to what to play I grab an idea from her. This particular day I decided to let the kids play in flour. I guess because I am a gluten for punishment. It is so messy. We have done this before because both of my children love sensory bins. Of any kind. But typically I have done it outside. Neither J nor M are usually content to just play with the flour/rice/beans/baking soda and vinegar/and whatever else I may have used in the past. They always want to do MORE with it, so that's why we do it outside. Alas, it is too cold to be outside so J and P had to do their activity indoors. P is a little too young to really play and draw pictures.

I have been working with J on his letters, but he had no interest in practicing writing letters. He played with the little cookie cutters and medicine cups I gave him at first.


But that wasn't enough. He had to have cars! Everything we do must involve vehicles!

Then: "I gotta feel it on my feet, Mom!"
(Notice the ratio to flour on him vs flour left in the pan...) My darling boy...

On a side note: I absolutely hate that M has a boy chasing her at school. There is more than one, really, but this one is actively pursuing my SIX year old. The other day he told her she was beautiful-a truthful statement for sure-but completely inappropriate in KINDERGARTEN. She was all giggly when she told me about it. I know it is all innocent and Mr. J and I try not to make a big deal out of it, but do remind her that right now she is just friends with boys and it will stay that way until she is 25... Anyway, the boy is really sweet and they are friends at school and his parents always help me with the school parties , and it is good she has friends. Here they are waiting for school to start in the morning:

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm glad someone is reading my blog, and I'm even more glad that your kids are enjoying the activities. It looks like they had a marvelous time. What cuties!!

    ReplyDelete