backgroundscript

Sunday, January 12, 2014

November

In between the wedding and Christmas holiday we were busy! We had birthdays and Thanksgiving and Christmas preparation! All so much fun! So much baking and cooking and eating and having fun with friends and school parties and crafts. We did it all! We had Thanksgiving with a family that we have gotten to know pretty well. They were wonderful hosts. Mr. M had brined and smoked some turkeys and they were absolutely delicious. The whole meal was outstanding! And to top it off we had about twenty pies there! Whoot! After Thanksgiving we were fully fledged into getting ready for Christmas.

An ice leaf: Literally a leaf made of ice. The water formed under the leaf and froze and then the leaf blew off and that's what was left.

 M loves to go to the park when it is freezing and snowy because the slides are really fast. J doesn't love it as much but if I promise to catch him he will usually be brave and try it! (On normal days he is fine with the slides).



One of our first big snows of the season: 
(On a side note-these little Wilson things get all anxious to play in the snow IMMEDIATELY because they are afraid it will melt or something. No matter how many times we explain to them that the snow will be there until April or May they just don't seem to grasp that concept! I'm pretty sure I haven't seen the grass since this particular snow! And not only that, but we are ALWAYS the only ones out playing in it! I guess all the kids in our neighborhood are over it!

 M thought it would be fun to get buried-then quickly changed her mind!

 A ruler:

 My Thanksgiving pies: sweet potato (courtesy of Mrs. Kathy) and salted caramel chocolate pecan pie (courtesy of Southern Living). I will probably never make a regular pecan pie again-it was that good!
 On Thanksgiving morning we watched the Macy's parade on line. I told the kids I had a VERY special job just for them. I told them a long story about how when I was a kid every Thanksgiving we would watch the parade and Grandma would give us the honored job of tearing the bread for the stuffing. And that now I was passing down the privilege to them! Passing down traditions just really makes my heart happy!
 Our annual gratitude turkey:

No comments:

Post a Comment