backgroundscript

Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring Break

Right before spring break: M with two friends from school:

I got a hair cut:

J had a pink and puffy eye. I didn't think much of it until he woke up in the middle of the night in hysterics because his eye was swollen shut. We finally calmed him down with some ibuprofen and a cold wash cloth on his eye. I don't know much about eyes except that they are important so I took him to the er. This was 3 am ish. We got there and the doc said it was an infection and loaded J up with antibiotics and sent us home. His eye cleared up right away. This pic showed him at the er when the ibu was working:

Two days later we picked up one of our all-time favorite people from the airport! We were all so excited she could come stay with us. Before we left Chicago we stopped and ate at a famous pizza joint:

The next day Mr. J took me to the hospital and I had my tonsils removed. Surgery #5 in my life. Of all the medical stuff I've been through, this was by far the most miserable I have ever been! I would NOT recommend it to anyone! Although, it is very nice that I am no longer coughing blood and other disgusting stuff out of my tonsils on a daily basis! So, I know it was worth it but man! it was awful!! My doc even came to check on me in recovery and said how awful they were and that I had made the right choice in getting them out.

M made me these sweet get well cards. I thought the above was clever! (Drawing a vase and putting real flowers on top.) I didn't see my kids much the first four days. I pretty much stayed in my bed. They would pop in every once in a while if Mr. J let them and give me loves or cards. They were so concerned for me and were so sweet to me. Mr. J was also so sweet to me. I have to say here how much I appreciate my dear husband. He really did a grand job of taking care of me. He made sure I was hydrated, got my barf buckets, kept up with my pain meds schedule, held my hand when I was miserable, and any thing else he could do to make me more comfortable. He did all this while helping Grandmomma with the kids and going to work.

These next two pics are out of order. Pretend they are farther on down the line. Long story but I can't fix them now....


I didn't get many pics of Grandmomma with the kids because I was in the bed for most of the time that she was here. She took care of all the cleaning, laundry, cooking and caring for the kids. I so appreciate all she did! The kids love her so much. I can't tell for sure, but I think the feeling is mutual...


I received several get-well gifts. A beautiful candle from Grandmomma, these gorgeous roses from my parents, a meal and Gerber daisies from my RS president, jello from my sister, and several get-well cards from friends and family. I also received many texts and emails regarding my recovery. I have such thoughtful friends and family! 

One time M read me a story:

After Grandmomma left I was doing much better but was not really up to taking care of everything yet. There was also the risk of me bleeding out while Mr. J was at work so my darling parents made the three day trip to come take care of us. Again, I didn't take many pics because I was resting most of the time. Here is J with Grandpa making a train track: (see pics above also! :)

I also conned Grandpa and Mr. J into setting up the trampoline: (which the kids love so much and never get tired of!)




(I had to put all of these pics in because I love that you can see M's smile in succession while she is jumping. You can also see J wearing his "incredibles" mask. He likes being Dash!)
Again, another huge thank you to my parents! They cleaned, shopped, cooked (even home-made tapioca which was so nice on my throat!!), baby-sat, and took care of me. They worked so hard. I am so thankful for their, Mr. J, and Grandmomma's kindness and sacrifice on my behalf. Love y'all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment