backgroundscript

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Christmas in MI

We had lots going on November and December. Our good friends were moving so we had them over for supper one last time. I'm really glad we still keep in touch.

While we keep it simple, we love decorating for Christmas in our house! We all think it feels magical! I was really bent on giving the kids the experience of going out and cutting a tree. But when it came down to it, it was really hard to find a time when we were both off work and had the energy for such an endeavor. Also when it is -5 degrees outside you don't really want to be traipsing around sawing trees. In the end we figured it would be much cheaper and faster to go with a fake one. It looks nice but does lean a little... I'll have to fix that next year!
This also happened in December:
We had to have Mr. J's car towed three times. This last one was because of a blown head gasket. Mr. J and I have had a lot of wonderful memories in that car and and are so grateful it got us through the first 9 years of our marriage and all the time before that too! It's like taking a "drive" down memory lane: our first date, our honey moon, our first long trip/move together, bringing M home from the hospital. You get it. We have loved this car!

The kids were really excited to open presents before we left for our Christmas in MS:


I really love that they are so happy for one another's gifts. It warms my heart. And of course, we had to get me stuffing my prego face:

Presents from Grandma and Grandpa were a big hit:



 This was a present I bought the previous year on clearance and it got lost in my closet and then Mr. J found it and so she got it this year!






Their big present was a drum set. They love it and were so excited for this!
If you can't tell, they took turns hugging the box:




No comments:

Post a Comment