backgroundscript

Friday, February 20, 2015

Thanksgiving and Baptism

We had a wonderful visit with family for the Thanksgiving holiday. The weather allowed for safe travel and a little fun!
Aunt K colored the kids' hair with hair chalk and J was so proud of his blue! He did not want to wash it at all!

The real reason everyone came was for M's baptism. The morning of she got to open her special gift from Grandmomma:




She loved it and looked so very beautiful in it! I hope and pray someday she will have the desire and opportunity to wear a white dress to go to the temple in and one to get married to a good man in as well. If anyone is worthy to put on a white dress for a sacred ordinance, it is M. She is so pure of heart. I know her Father in Heaven loves her and is pleased with her choice to get baptized.
These pics are a little out of order and I'm missing some but here is M in the dress she wore after she was baptized. It is the same dress I wore on my baptism day! Thank you Grandma for saving everything!
Pre-baptism with Aunt S:
(I think M looks so much like S-besides the coloring obviously). I have a few complaints about the day- especially that I didn't get more pics of M in her beautiful dress and in my dress. We did get one family one but I don't know where that pic is at the moment. I guess I don't need to dwell on what went wrong and just remember that it was a happy and special day for M. She loved having her family be a part of the program. Grandpa conducted, Grandma lead the music, Grandaddy and Aunt S gave talks, and Aunt K said a prayer. Her daddy performed the ordinance and her mama cried throughout the whole thing! (Tears of joy, of course). She had a lot of friends come and support her as well. We are blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. And we are so very blessed to have this precious girl in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment