backgroundscript

Monday, November 5, 2012

Birthday Girl, cont'd

Today we had more birthday celebrations-appropriately enough as today was M's birthday. My sweet and feisty little girl is SIX! I can't believe it! I'm always a little sad on her birthday because she is growing up so stinking fast and I never feel like I'm spending enough time with her and never giving her as much attention as I want. It's even worse now that she is in school because I don't even see her for most of the day. This little darling is my best friend (aside from husband and siblings, of course). I love her. She has so much of me and Mr. J. I hope we can nurture the good parts of her and weed out the not-so-good qualities she inherited from us. She is such a talented and creative person! I love that she can already draw better than I can. She loves learning and life. She loves making up songs and listening to music, learning the words so she can sing a long. She loves the Gospel and already has such a sweet testimony that she likes to share with others. I learn from her on a daily basis. My life is so much better with her in it. She brings me joy and comfort and has every day of her life. I thank God for her each day. Such a precious spirit!

I din't get pics of everything we did today. But here is a short rundown. She requested crepes so I spent the morning making those (of which she only ate two, oh well). She helped some (she does love to cook). Then we went to Discovery Park in PG. She had a lot of fun running around with her cousins and exploring.
Silly faces:

At the park, right before we left, she was on a spinning toy. A lot. Then got in the van. We made our way to the mall. During that time she got a phone call. After the call she played some games on my phone. By the time we got to the mall she was very very car sick and threw up in the parking lot. After that she felt better. We went to Build-a-Bear so she could pick out an outfit for Emily. She had a lot of fun doing that. Then since her shoes are torn up and too little we went and got her some new shoes. After that we ate ice cream at Cold Stone (risky I know but she was fine). She thought that was pretty funny that she got to eat ice cream for lunch on her birthday. After that we went to Aunt B's house and played for a while. Then went home and played outside with her cousins for a couple hours. Then we had cheesy scrambled eggs (her request) for supper. After that we bathed, had FHE, and watched a movie. Then when J was down and the house was quiet, she wanted to make a book.
We spent the last few minutes of her birthday drawing and writing quietly. I really enjoyed that. Then I lied down with her in her bed (as I have done almost every night of her life). I told her the story of when she was born and how glad I am that she is here and mine. Then I watched as she drifted into peaceful sleep. Talk about precious moments!
Happy Birthday, Maile!
PS: thank you so much to all who have called and sang and talked to her. She loved each phone call!

No comments:

Post a Comment