backgroundscript

Friday, November 30, 2012

Delicious and Strange

Ok SEVEN people that read my blog! Here is a recipe for you to try! My mother used to make this for our lunches. Our lunches were so good our friends used to beg us to trade their school lunch for our homemade one. Talk about an awesome mom! A few years ago we asked her about it and she gave me the recipe. (I somehow remembered it with cream cheese, but apparently I was wrong about that.) So, today I dug it out of my "recipes I'm going to try someday" folder and made it for M's and my lunch. It was surprisingly tasty! I was laughing because I was pleasantly surprised (and it just struck me funny thinking about when my siblings and I have talked about it) and wanted Mr. J to try it, but he wouldn't because I was laughing. He said the laughing was a warning to him! I'm telling you, he is missing out! Go ahead and give this strange, but tasty sandwich a try!
Peanut Butter and Orange:
1 Orange
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbls brown sugar
1/2 peanut butter
Peel and dice the orange, serving the juice. Sprinkle the pieces with cinnamon. Blend well the juice, sugar, and the p.b. For each sandwich spread this mixture thinly on both pieces of bread. Place orange pieces on one of the slices and top with the other slice.

Now I can't wait to see if little Miss M liked it or not! I am hoping to pass on the tradition of awesome lunches!

3 comments:

  1. I have absolutely no recollection of this. I bet G would love it--she always wants her peanut butter with orange marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M liked it a lot! She
    ate the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Chelsey Wilson! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.

    Vail Wedding Photographer

    ReplyDelete