backgroundscript

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yesterday, Maile had quite the cough when she woke up so I let her stay home from school-against my better judgement. Turns out just to be allergies(I think, because her zyrtec seemed to take care of most of her symptoms) from the weather change here. It is turning fall! I laid out some ground rules before she committed to staying home from school: no outside playtime and she must take a  nap. Now, if she were really sick, would I have needed to make those rules? No. Lesson learned! Here she is "taking her nap":
In case you can't tell, she is making faces under her mirror. At least she stayed on the bed...
   Now, here is the rest of this story. This morning she kept telling me she didn't feel good and didn't want to go to school. But, she was also playing with Johnny. To get her out the door, I had to threaten to carry her to school. Half the way to school she cried and I finally got it out of her why she didn't want to go to school. She told me: "if I'm contagious, I don't want to share it to my friends!" That just broke my heart. She was genuinely concerned about getting her friends sick. I know she doesn't feel good, because she and I both have sinus stuff going on, but she is not really sick so I can't keep her home. I just felt so bad sending her to school when she was so sad.

In other news: Saturday we had some things to do in Southbend. We found ourselves with a little downtime in between errands so we HAD to hit up Krispy Kream. Oh, a little piece of fattening heaven. The kids had fun watching the doughnuts get cooked and dunked. Then we all enjoyed a free hot doughnut. Yum-o!
Eating doughnuts-Johnny style.  Here he is with a contented look on his face!
Got milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment