backgroundscript

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines

I have three beautiful valentines in my life, and I am so thankful for each one of them! I am so blessed. We had a nice Valentines Day celebrating our love for each other. It started out with Mr. J letting me go to M's school party (not in charge this time-hallelujah) without J or Miss P. She decorated sugar cookies and made a love bug and played Valentine Bingo and had treats. It was fun.
Here she is with the box we made to hold her valentines in. Each student was asked to get creative and make their own box. Since I have no creative juices of my own, I have to borrow cute ideas from Pinterest and Google. However, we did a pretty good job of copying! M loved it! She was looking with me and searching for ideas for her box. As soon as she saw this one she knew that was the one for her!
I wish I had taken more pics of it because she decorated the sides with stickers and it looked pretty cute close up.(if you can't tell from this pic it is an ipod) Alas, I did not. Here is another pic. When her classmates saw me clicking they wanted in on the action. I don't know why.
After this, we spent the usual day at home. When Mr. J finally got home from class we did what we shouldn't have done and went out to eat. It was very busy and crowded but I thoroughly enjoyed not cooking and cleaning up after ourselves. Upon arrival home we sang "Happy Birthday" to me and had a piece of my birthday pie (which M helped me make after school). She was so excited to put the candles in. She so badly wanted to help me have a nice birthday-she did whatever she could. It really touches my heart to see her want so much to help others be happy. I love that about her!
Then I got to open presents and cards. I mentioned how blessed I am. I truly am. My birthday is a good reminder of how many wonderful friends and family I have. I received beautiful emails, cards, gifts, messages, and phone calls. Even though most of my loved ones are pretty far from us here in BS I felt close to them and knew they all love me. What a good reminder to start off my 29th year...

2 comments:

  1. M is an absolutely gorgeous little girl. And happy b-day to you! I love ya and am SO glad you were born. MMMMMMwah! (that was a big kiss from your little sis.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I love your recent blog posts!

    ReplyDelete