backgroundscript

Sunday, March 17, 2013

On My Mind...

This post really will have no relevance to the small handful of people that read it. There are no pics of kids so you can go ahead and go spend time on Pinterest...  I don't even think any of the people I am about to speak of read this blog or even know it exists; however, it has been on my mind, so I want to say it. Even if no one reads it. So there!

I hate that old saying "you don't know what you got til it's gone" because I really try to appreciate what I have. I do. But I didn't know what I had in Starkville Branch. Even though it was my home ward, I felt like an outsider a lot of the time. I wasn't invited to everything, I wasn't in the cliques. But, I still loved it. I loved all the play groups, every book club, smiling faces on Sunday, babies popping out every other month from various women, the elderly ladies that loved J and brought entertainment to help me with him during Sacrament meeting, (believe it or not) visiting teaching, and the examples of so many truly amazing women. Even though I wasn't best friends with any of them, I miss them!  A lot of us loved talking food, sharing dishes, eating, and exchanging recipes. I loved that! I miss that! Because of that, we all exercised and talked about that too! It was just fun. I didn't share every opinion with them, I loved MS way more than they ever would, but I still miss them.

Our new ward is really great. They have helped me and my family a lot in the short time we have lived here. They all made great effort to meet us and welcome us. They greet us with a smile on Sunday. We are involved, but it is just not the same. I don't even really need it to be the same- I just need a little bit of what I had before. I'm not asking for much. Maybe one or two people that love making and eating food as much as I do. Maybe somebody that wants to get out of the house for a play date at the park once in a while. Maybe somebody who has room in their life for one more friend. And, when I am finally able to fill some of these gaps in my life, I will be sure to know what I got!

4 comments:

  1. I have felt the same way so many times. We really enjoyed our time in Starkville! Our ward out here is good, but just not the same. I miss all of the amazing people that I knew out there (you included!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! The people in Starkville (you included!) are awesome. We weren't even there for that long and I feel like I could go back at anytime and fit right back in. After living down there, and being from the Midwest myself, I tell people that the Midwest is friendly, but the South is family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. I miss Starkville so much. I am still somewhat in the South and it is nothing compared to Starkville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post makes me sad. I'm sorry Chelsey, they don't know what they are missing!

    ReplyDelete