backgroundscript

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend

We had a lovely Easter weekend. Saturday the kids opened their Easter baskets (not pictured) from good ole' E.B. (also not pictured). Then while J was taking his nap M and I went to an "Easter egg hunt" which turned out to be a dud, so we pacified our disappointment with delicious ice cream. I got salted caramel= delicious!

When we got home we had an egg hunt in the yard.


I forgot to mention that earlier in the week we dyed eggs:







M was very methodical and artistic about the whole thing. J just wanted to do as many as he possibly could as fast as he could. But he was focused and stayed with the activity the whole time, which I was glad about. He kept painting some of them over and over because he just didn't want to stop! This is really one of my most favorite traditions. I have also enjoyed eating them as deviled eggs. (By the way: if you come across a "healthy" deviled egg recipe that contains yogurt and honey-don't make it. It's not worth your time.)

Back to Sunday:
Mr. J and M went to church and J and I stayed home because he has a cold. We don't believe in bringing snotty children to church and we don't do it. Then when the time FINALLY came, we loaded in the car and drove to the airport to pick up Grandmomma! On the way in , M said "I've never been so happy in all my life!" She has, of course, but she was so very excited to see her grandmother-as we all were.

No comments:

Post a Comment