backgroundscript

Friday, July 5, 2013

Auntie's Visit!

Well, I'm a little slow in getting this up, but I wanted to show the awesome time we had with J's sister! We were so very excited for her to come and loved having her here. And I must say that she was quite the trooper! I know my kids can be annoying   overwhelming at times, but she was very patient and payed them all the attention they desired. (Case in point here is a conversation between little J and his aunt:
J: S watch me, watch me!
S: I am bubba. Why do you want me to watch you so much?
J: *angry voice* because I LOVE YOU!!)

 Our first day with Auntie we went to the mall in South Bend, and then took her to one of our favorite fresh-mex places to eat: Chipotle. And of course, the Hot Doughnuts Now sign was on so we had to pop in for a fresh one- Wilson family tradition!



Thursday we decided would be our beach day. We showed Sha one of our favorite hang-outs. And the weather was warm enough that we actually "swam" in the Lake! I do not really care for the smell of the Lake so my awesome husband took the kids in the water. Plus, the current scares me so I just let that be his department. Here's what J did most of the time:


Here's what Mr. J and M did most of the time:









Here's what S did most of the time:

And then we went to the splash pad nearby:



This is one of my favs:





Friday we painted nails,

 and did hair,

went to the dinosaur garden,

 (interesting fact: the sign said that pteradactyl was 1/4 of the size of a real one; wow!)



tasted apple cider, and went to the Chocolate Garden and ate delicious truffles!
When we got home we fixed lentils and M made S a delicious brownie fruit pizza. 

Saturday we made a go at some bread.


 playing cars:


 During the day S and I went to see Man of Steel. We both loved it! Then, while the two older siblings rested the two younger siblings splashed in the puddles from the afternoon shower.












After we grabbed some Moe's for supper, we showed S the museum where Mr. J works.



We are so thankful S could come visit. We loved every minute! I'm discovering that M has quite a hard time saying goodbye. She had a terrible time saying goodbye to Grandmomma, the cousins and Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt A, her friends and teacher at school, and Aunt S. I think her heart is just so full of love and she just really loves being with family and friends. So, to get over her sadness we made a paper chain to countdown when we will see our loved ones once again. Can't wait! Thanks Auntie S for a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment