backgroundscript

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Last Day of School

I cannot believe M had her last day of school yesterday! This school year has flown by as I have watched her grow and learn. Yesterday was a bit of an emotional day. For me, it was a day realizing she is not-so-little  now and never will be again. And not-so-little means not needing or wanting mommy nearly as much as before! For M, is was a sad day to say goodbye to her teacher and friends. She is quite the "social butterfly" and will miss being with her playmates (playground drama and all). She cried in the morning after I dropped her off (little did she know I was crying on my way out the door...). She said she was the only sad kid there! It just shows her tender heart-she gets that from her daddy. (Well, the crying she gets from me, but the tender heart she gets from her daddy!) She has learned a lot academically-and I think she really enjoys learning. She may not have been the smartest child in her class but she made great strides in reading and all other areas. She did her best and that's all we will ever ask of her. She brought joy to her teacher. She was helpful, and trust worthy, and cared about the well-being of those around her. I'm so proud of her for all of that. Mrs. Roth awarded her with the "Jolly Rancher Award" for being bright and cheerful every day! I'd say that describes M very well! Last night she told me her three favorite things about kindergarten are: Mrs. Roth, her friends in her class, and her friends from Mrs. Miller's class (they did a lot together).

Before:








And After: 

(You'll have to excuse the squinty eyed pictures! And now the rest of the quick photo shoot of yesterday:) 







This one is my favorite:


1 comment: