backgroundscript

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Change

A lot has and is changing with the Wilson household. For starters, our sweet little Miss P has left us. I had to put up a few pics I've taken of her in the last month or two: here the two buds are at story time at the library:


Here she is cutting. (She loves cutting and pasting with a glue stick!)

One fun thing we did in February was go to a special Fancy Nancy party at the library. Our children's librarian went to a lot of work and had the room very fancy for us. First she read us some Fancy Nancy stories. Then we made butterfly poems and fancy wands. We played "pin the jewel on the tiara," and ate delicious treats. The kids had a great time! I loved the poem M made up (which you can see her working so hard on it here: ) {spelling corrected by yours truly} 
A blueberry is 
sweet,
Apple pie is
sweet,
But the most
Thing that is sweet is
You!





We also went to a Frozen birthday party a few weeks ago. It was very fun and sugar-filled! We made marshmallow Olaf's and played games and decorated cookies. It was a blast!





This girl of mine is crazy about decorating with icing! She loves to watch decorating tutorials, cupcake wars, etc. She loves any chance she can get to work with icing. At the party she spent her time on those cookies and loved every second of it! (In fact today she was painting and asked if she could put some paint in a baggie so she could pretend it was icing!!)
We made a treat one weekend of french toast cupcakes with maple butter cream frosting. Oh they were tasty! I let M take the reins on the decorating front. She colored the icing and I helped her put it bags with the tips she wanted and let her go to town! She spent about two hours on them!

J and Miss P enjoyed finger painting:



We "went ice skating" and by that I mean we froze our tooshies while trying not to break every bone in our bodies! Actually, I think if we each had a pair of skates that fit and we went a few times in a row we could probably get the hang of it! M and I wore some old skates my parents had and gave to us. I think the ones I had on were my mom's. At any rate, it was  a free activity, with antiques, and with my kiddos-doesn't get much better than that!




I made a marble run for J: 


More on all the happenings and changes coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment