backgroundscript

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Girl

I've got to stop a minute and reflect on my sweet M. She has really shown a lot of responsibility and thoughtfulness lately. This morning I was truly grateful for her. (I always am, but I appreciated her actions). I don't know if it is the loooong winter, staying up too late, the loss of my job, day-light savings, or what, but I have been struggling getting out of bed in the mornings. Yesterday we were completely late-like had- to- check-in -at -school kind of late. Today, M came and woke me up! She was already dressed, had done her bathroom duties, and was making breakfast for all of us! What a champ! She was the only reason she was on time today. I just love her-even on her bad days- but today her kindness and maturity really helped me and brightened my day!
(Here are some pics of her from the weekend. We had a friend stay with us all weekend and the three kids had a blast together!)








 They made me a "surprise art party":






Two more random things I have to rant about:
#1:  I have a mystery I need solved. The teenagers here (most of them anyway) do not wear big coats. It's ten degrees outside and they are walking home from school with no coats! Is is because they are Michiganders and cold just doesn't affect these crazy people like it does me? Or is it because they are teenagers and somehow wearing a coat to keep you warm and ward off the hazards of frostbite is just not cool?

#2: Product review: I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. A LOT. So when I have a product that I'm truly displeased with it irks me to no end. Enter Glad Cling Wrap. I hate that stuff. It does not cling to anything but itself. Useless piece of garbage! However, my good ole' pal Meijer brand Stretch-Tite never lets me down. I strayed from it once, but won't make that mistake again! It pulls out of the box well, covers my food, and sticks to bowls and plates like a champ!


No comments:

Post a Comment