backgroundscript

Monday, March 17, 2014

Sneaky Leprechaun

We had a sneaky leprechaun in our house last night. He found the Lucky Charms and got all into that brand new cereal we got especially for St. Patty's Day. Then, he turned our milk green. And did you know Leprechauns pee green? We found that out this morning too!

 leprechauns happen to leave a green glitter trail wherever they go...



But what happened after this exciting discovery is what's really worth noting: M got all into it. First she messed up blocks in the floor and then she tumped my laundry hamper over and called me in the room and exclaimed, "mom! look what else that leprechaun did!!" At which point J decided that a little magical man roaming the house messing things up was not exactly what he wanted so he sat down in the floor and cried! Poor little J. It scared his little tender mind a little. So we had a talk about how we were pretending just like how we pretend with Santa Claus and then he got all into it too by way of pointing out that the green on a piece of M's art work must have been done by the leprechaun etc... Mind you, this all happened within the first fifteen minutes of their morning! (Note to self: I must remember to have a talk with him about the Easter Bunny before that time comes!)

Working backward, here's what else has been going on:
we painted bird houses:
 (I really need to work on my camera skills-all my pics are blurry, poor lighting, funny faces etc..please excuse...)




We had Tickle Fest 2014 and a slumber party in my bed. 2/3 actually slept at said slumber party:


We celebrated Pi day! 3.14

We took Mr. J to the airport:

Love these three people more than you can ever imagine. I always tell M that when I was a girl my mom would tell me that when I got to be a mom I would finally understand how much my mom loves me because I would know what it feels like to love a daughter. But I tell M that when she's a mom that however much she loves her kids- I love her more than that. I tell her she'll NEVER be able to understand how much I love her.  And J. and Mr. J (although I love him in a different way) I really feel that's the truth.

Aaaaand on a random side note, while we were stuck in traffic in the big city on the way home from the airport I was really bored. The kids were engrossed in a movie so they weren't talking or even aware I was alive. I happened to look over and see this older lady in an old fashioned car. The way her hair was done and what she was wearing combined with her car looked like a picture out of a magazine. But what really caught my eye was that she was smiling and looked so calm and happy. It really struck me. Then I thought, what do I look like to others who pass me by?

Do I have a smile to pass on to somebody? More importantly, what do I look like to my children and husband. Do I pass smiles on to them? Do they enjoy me being in the same room with them? If I didn't cook and clean and wipe their bums and their noses (well, I don't do that for Mr. J haha) would they still find it pleasant or worth it to be around me? I've got to make sure they do. I really want to be a happy pleasant person for my favorite people, for acquaintances, and for strangers. So, how 'bout it? Pass a smile on today. I'm going to too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment