backgroundscript

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bike Ride

Where does MY time go? It feels like as soon as I put my kids in bed time ticks twice as fast! I really need to get some projects done but I feel like I never have enough time! Such is life. All the more reason to be thankful for each day that I wake up!

Unrelated: I live in an absolutely beautiful state! Right now is the perfect time to visit! Our days are nice and warm and sunny, the nights cool off pretty well, and there are so many flowers and trees in full bloom! It's lush and green. I just love it! I'm so thankful for the experience to live here.

M has been begging me to rearrange her room so a couple weekends ago we did the deed! She has so much stuff! We are just not good at keeping things simple and basic - just having a few toys at a time. The room is not necessarily better; but now at one end we set up like a little "play house" area with her kitchen, table, and doll stuff.

She has a little "reading nook" now:

And her bed is in the most random spot! I don't know why she wanted me to move it, but I gave in even though it feels really awkward where it is! I actually love rearranging rooms. I used to do it when I was in high school pretty frequently. I guess that's where M gets it? So I figure when we get tired of it we will move it back!


Later that day we put the bikes in the trunk and headed to Niles. They have a nice bike/running/walking path along the river. They rode while I walked and jogged for probably 45 minutes or so. We would stop and play on the exercise equipment along the way. There are a lot of ducks and geese that live there and every time J would swerve to miss some droppings he would yell at the top of his lungs, "POOP DUCK!" And then M and J would crack up. J thought he was absolutely hilarious.This went on for quite a while! We played at the park there afterwards. Altogether it was a really nice afternoon!

As you can see, J is rarely not in his Anakin suit:

Here he is showing his new Star Wars toy:
 And how it flies:
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment