backgroundscript

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Everything is Awesome"

It's our new theme song: "Everything is Awesome!" * And it is! I was standing outside today watching my little ones and just thought "I love my life!" I have it so good and feel so blessed! We have been crazy busy the past two weeks-at least it feels that way. I'm wondering if I will ever get my energy back, or feel rested. Ever. Again. I'm really hoping we can slow down and not be quite so busy from here on out! But here are a few pics of some things we did before school let out.
Here is M being awesome before school one day. This is the outfit she picked out to wear to school. Then she wanted to pose when I told her I wanted a pic!



It was 74 degrees outside on this particular day. The kids say, "its so hot! We have to play in the water." We are definitely acclimated to MI weather. That's for sure! The weather here is pretty awesome most of the time!


One day they were fixing sections of sidewalk in our neighborhood and the kids wanted to watch the cement truck and workers. So we did. For a good while. The workers were really nice about it but I felt pretty awkward just standing there watching!




I told J to smile and he started hugging the paper. So strange but that is his "I'm being really sweet right now and I know it" face. He also has his awesome "Jake and the Neverland Pirates' headband on (which I cut out of a sheet). He's been into that show and I have had to play pirates a lot in the past week!


I didn't realize this pic is so washed out but here is M cutting her awesome grass monster's hair.


Here's an awesome cake M made for the company we had this weekend.

*From the Lego Movie-which, by the way, I happen to LOVE! Of course I was the only one in the theater that teared up at the end. But I love the message from this movie and I thought the whole thing was clever and funny. I would watch this movie over Frozen any day of the week! And I think Frozen is a great movie. I have nothing against it. I just really like the Lego Movie! And the song is awesome of course. Our fave line: "dip my body in chocolate frosting/ Three years later wash off the frosting." Everything is Awesome So my friends, know this: "life is good, plus everything is awesome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment