backgroundscript

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Dutch Village

The kids and I found a really fun place to visit. It's called Dutch Village in Holland, MI. It had beautiful lawns and gardens. I'm sure if we had gone a few weeks ago when the tulips were out it would have been stunning. Nevertheless, we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Believe it or not, I didn't take pictures of everything we did there! But here are a "few"!
Traditional dances:

M and I did a dance with the dancers, but J did not want to do it! And by the way, they served us popcorn before the dances started!


 A really neat extremely old organ from Europe:


 Zip line


Rode this thing about six times!


Complete with these creepy things mounted on the walls. I get it, but its still creepy...

too cool for school...

 Duck races:


walking a goat:

  (turned out to not be much fun- all it wanted to do was eat weeds)

Petting a bunny:

I had to get a shot of the smile he wore as he was petting:

Baby ducks:


I had a very lengthy discussion with the attendant and finally relented to M riding the Ferris wheel by herself:

 She loved it!




 We also saw a demonstration on cheese, delft making, and wooden shoe making, tried on wooden shoes, walked through a traditional farmhouse and school house, walked through a museum, rode little trains, and played on the playground. What a fun day with my kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment