backgroundscript

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Family

*What I am about to say is in no way a reflection on how I feel about anyone I know. I do not judge or think it is wrong in any way to be a working mother. I admire working moms. Children of working mothers are usually a little more socially adapted, as well as other benefits. So please don't take any offense or think any thing other than this is how I feel about my own life and it goes no further than that.*
Each month at church the kids learn a new song; and one of the songs they have learned recently has really touched my heart. I believe my time here on Earth is to be with family. I feel strongly about being with my little ones even though it is not always easy. We make sacrifices for me to stay at home with them. Because I know it is a Golden Opportunity to have this time with them I do my best not to take it for granted; ie I spend as much quality time with them as I can. Lately I have been thinking about going back to work but this song called The Family is of God by Matthew Neely helps me keep what's important in perspective. Here's a link if you want to hear it:The Family is of God


 Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in fam’lies.
  (monster truck rally in J's room)

 (for some reason that fallen dino cracked me up)

A father’s place is to preside, provide,
To love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in fam’ly prayer to share
Their love for Father in Heaven.

 (at the bluegrass festival)

 A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam’ly.


 I’ll love and serve my family and be
A good example to each fam’ly member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I’ll help my fam’ly remember:


God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.

1 comment: